Synthetic bench stone (water skimming stone) with very fine grain JIS2000/F600 200mm x 50mm x 20mm
Single sharpening stone for the basic sharpening of your Japanese chef's knife.
This bench stone is a synthetic water honing stone with a grit size of JIS2000/F600. This stone is ideal for the basic sharpening of knife blades to produce a very good sharpness of the blade. This stone by itself can produce a high level of sharpness of the chef's knife, but for fine honing and for maximum sharpness we recommend another sharpening with a finer polishing stone. This product is suitable for all blade steels offered in our store and produces very good results.
The water honing stones must always be wetted with a layer of water during use and must never be used in dry condition. The blade can otherwise be damaged! The blade should not be moved back and forth on the whetstone at too great an angle during sharpening, otherwise the blade can tilt, damaging the bench stone despite the hard bond.
The stone quickly forms a smear layer on the surface when in use, creating a good abrasion on the blade being sharpened.
For a safe stand on the base, this whetstone is provided with anti-slip nubs.
- Dimensions water honing stone: 200mm x 50mm x 20mm
- Material: Synthetic bench stone (water whetstone)
- Grain size: JIS2000 / F600 (very fine)
- Purpose: Basic sharpening for light to moderately worn blades
- Scope of delivery: In wooden box
- Suitable for the steels HAP40, White #1, White #2, Blue #1, Blue #2, Aogami Super, AUS10, VG10, GIN3 and ATS-34
Product and care instructions
- The water skimming stone must always be wetted with a layer of water during use.
- Before use, fix the stone in a stable position to prevent it from slipping.
- Information on the correct use and other useful tips can be found on our page Sharpening knives correctly.