Synthetic bench stone (water stripping stone) in ultra fine grit JIS6000/F1500 200mm x 50mm x 20mm
Professional sharpening stone for the finest sharpening of your Japanese chef's knife.
Get the maximum sharpening potential out of our Japanese kitchen knives with this bench stone made of synthetic base material. This stone has an ultra-fine grit and a special bond of resin that creates a fine layer of polishing lubricant during sharpening.
The water honing stone must always be wetted with a layer of water during use and must never be used when dry. The blade can otherwise be damaged! The blade should not be moved back and forth on the whetstone at too great an angle when grinding, otherwise the blade can tilt and damage the bench stone in the process, despite the hard bond.
We have intensively tested all grinding or water stones in our range and only include products in our range with which perfect grinding results can be achieved on our original Japanese chef's knives. The professional polishing stone has an ultra-fine grit of JIS6000/F1500 and can be used for all knives in our assortment for fine honing.
This sharpening stone is equipped with anti-slip knobs on the underside for a stable grip on the work surface.
- Dimensions water honing stone: 200mm x 50mm x 20mm
- Material: Synthetic bench stone (water whetstone)
- Grain size: JIS6000 / F15000 (ultra fine)
- Purpose: Fine grinding/deburring/polishing of blades that have been pre-ground or are only slightly worn out
- Scope of delivery: In wooden box
- Suitable for the steels HAP40, White #1, White #2, Blue #1, Blue #2, Aogami Super, AUS10, VG10, GIN3 and ATS-34
Product and care instructions
- The water skimming stone must always be wetted with a layer of water during use.
- Before use, fix the stone in a stable position to prevent it from slipping.
- Information on the correct use and other useful tips can be found on our page Sharpening knives correctly.