Petty 150mm Yoshimitsu Aogami steel - polish finished, Urushi handle transparent - black
Small petty with great qualities
This hand-forged petty from the Yoshimitsu Forge has a classic three-ply, double-edged blade construction with a polished blade finish. The blade's core steel of Blue #2 steel is brought to a Rockwell grade of 61-62 HRC.
The stainless sheath steel protects the Blue #2 core steel and makes this knife more resistant to corrosion at the blade edge (but not at the cutting edge!). A bead blasting process (similar to sandblasting) creates the clean finish on the cutting edges of these blades.
Pettys are used in Japan for peeling and cutting fruits and vegetables, and are excellent for this purpose due to their comparatively light weight. This petty with 150mm blade length has its strengths with smaller cut goods such as fruits and vegetables. The fine cutting of an onion is just as possible with this knife as the cutting and peeling of fruit. It is an ideal complement to the utility knife and should be available in every kitchen.
The five Yoshimitsu brothers forge excellent blades and have mastered their craft for several decades.
- Length blade: 120mm
- Height blade: 36mm
- Length handle: 120mm
- Length blade: 247mm
- Weight: 74g
- Handle: Urushi transparent - black
- Hardness of core steel: HRC 61-62
- Core steel: Blue #2
- Sheath steel: Stainless steel
- Blade construction: 3-ply according to the San Mai method
- Double sided grinding of the cutting edge
PRODUCT AN CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- This knife is not suitable for hard cuts such as bones and frozen food.
- These knives should never be put in the dishwasher and must be rinsed and dried by hand after each use to ensure long life.
- If not properly cared for, these blades tend to rust. Regular treatment with oil is also recommended.
- As the knives are handmade, each individual knife is unique.
- This also means that the knives may differ slightly in appearance.