Petty 150mm HAP40 Silverback - Polished Finish, Complite Handle Gray
Small Japanese all-purpose knife with proven HAP40 steel from the Silverback series.
Pettys are used in Japan for peeling and cutting fruit and vegetables, and are excellent for this purpose due to their comparatively light weight. This petty with a blade length of 150 mm has its strengths with smaller cut goods such as fruit and vegetables. The fine cutting of an onion is just as possible with this knife as the cutting and peeling of fruit. It is an ideal complement to a larger all-purpose knife and should be available in every kitchen. This knife from the Silverback product line also has a curved shape at the back of the blade. The knife is very agile and can be wielded with precision. The high hardness of the steel allows for an extremely sharp blade that will also last a long time if used properly.
HAP40 is an exceptional steel that has not been used for chef's knives for too long. It belongs to the group of powder metallurgical steels, which, by melting pure metal powder under pressure, obtain a more uniform steel structure than cast steels. Particularly noteworthy is the extreme hardness of the HAP40 steel used for this blade. Through a special heat treatment with salt baths, the steel achieves a hardness of HRC 65-67.
Currently, HAP40 is only processed by a few Japanese blacksmiths in the traditional way, so the supply of HAP40 blades is still very limited. We are therefore proud to offer our own HAP40 series. We have the Silverback HAP40 knives forged for us by specialists in and around Seki, Japan, according to our specifications and are pleased to be able to offer this series at attractive prices. Each knife in this series is engraved with the Silverback "銀 背" (Japanese for silverback) and is therefore unique and only available from us.
- The HAP40 core of this Silverback Knives Petty is surrounded by a sheath steel made of 404 stainless steel. This is forged around the core steel using the San Mai method. This chef's knife is lightweight and perfectly balanced. The blade, which is very fine compared to other traditional Japanese knives, is often referred to as a laser blade. After hardening, the blade is ground on both sides and set into the Complite handle. This is made of high quality reinforced wood, resulting in excellent robustness and durability.
- Length blade: 150mm
- Height blade: 30mm
- Length handle: 115mm
- Length blade: 275mm
- Weight: 85g
- Handle: Complite gray
- Hardness grade core steel: HRC 66-67
- Sheath steel: Stainless steel 404 with polished surface
- Blade construction: 3-ply according to the San Mai method
- Double sided grinding of the cutting edge
PRODUCT AN CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- This knife is not suitable for hard cuts such as bones and frozen food.
- These knives should never be put in the dishwasher and must be rinsed and dried by hand after each use to ensure long life.
- If not properly cared for, these blades tend to rust. Regular treatment with oil is also recommended.
- As the knives are handmade, each individual knife is unique.
- This also means that the knives may differ slightly in appearance.