Petty 150mm Aogami Super Silverback - Polished Finish, Complite Handle Gray
The small all-purpose knife of the Silverback "銀 背" product line - The hand-forged Aogami Super Petty.
Pettys are used in Japan for peeling and cutting fruits and vegetables and are also excellent for this purpose due to their comparatively light weight. This petty with a blade length of 150 mm has its strengths with smaller cut goods such as fruit and vegetables. The fine cutting of an onion is just as possible with this knife as the cutting and peeling of fruit. It is an ideal complement to a larger all-purpose knife and should be available in every kitchen. This knife from the Silverback product line also has a curved shape at the back of the blade. The knife is very agile and can be wielded with precision. The high hardness of the steel allows for an extremely sharp blade that will also last a long time if used properly.
This Silverback Knives Aogami Super Petty has a polished 404 stainless steel blade surface. This chef's knife is lightweight and perfectly balanced. The blade blade, which is very fine compared to other traditional Japanese knives, is often referred to as a laser blade. The Aogami Super steel used for this blade core has a hardness rating of HRC 64. After hardening, the blade is ground on both sides and set into the Complite handle. This is made of high quality reinforced wood, resulting in excellent robustness and durability.
Aogami Super is an absolute premium steel for Japanese kitchen knives. It contains more carbon, molybdenum and chromium than the Blue Paper Steel No. 1 (Blue #1), which allows a hardness of over 65 HRC. Precisely because of the molybdenum and tungsten components, the steel is also less brittle. So this is a steel that not only can be ground very sharp, but also keeps its sharpness for a very long time. We have deliberately chosen this steel as well for our own line of knives, which are manufactured in Japan around Seki. Each knife in this series is engraved with the Silverback "銀 背" (Japanese for silverback) and is therefore unique and only available from us.
- Length blade: 150mm
- Height blade: 28mm
- Length handle: 115mm
- Length blade: 270mm
- Weight: 78g
- Handle: Complite
- hardness grade core steel: HRC 64
- low rust blade core
- Sheath steel: 404 stainless steel with polished surface
- Blade construction: 3-ply according to the San Mai method
- Double sided grinding of the cutting edge
PRODUCT AN CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- This knife is not suitable for hard cuts such as bones and frozen food.
- These knives should never be put in the dishwasher and must be rinsed and dried by hand after each use to ensure long life.
- If not properly cared for, these blades tend to rust. Regular treatment with oil is also recommended.
- As the knives are handmade, each individual knife is unique.
- This also means that the knives may differ slightly in appearance.