Kiritsuke knife 210mm Yoshimitsu White #1 - Kurouchi finished, Ho-wood handle
Elegant Kiritsuke knife at a fair price.
This hand-forged Kiritsuke knife from Yoshimitsu is ground on both sides and has a matte Kurouchi finish. This blade finish greatly improves the knife's durability and corrosion resistance, in addition to creating the rustic aesthetic. The core of the blade is made of White #1 steel.
The excellent price-performance ratio makes this knife an absolute recommendation, because despite the low price it has an excellent balance and can be sharpened very sharp.
From its use as a sushi knife or generally as a fish knife, to the processing of vegetables, to its use as a meat knife, the Kiritsuke knife with its characteristic Tanto tip (as with the Bunka knife) is a popular tool from the world of Japanese kitchen knives.
The five Yoshimitsu brothers forge excellent blades and have mastered their craft for several decades. The forge has been around since 1852 and is still family owned.
Better hand-forged knives in this price segment are hard to find!
- Length blade: 210mm
- Height blade: 36mm
- Length handle: 125mm
- Length blade: 343mm
- Weight: 105g
- Handle: Ho-wood
- Hardness grade core steel: HRC 61
- Sheath steel: Non stainless carbon steel
- 3-layer blade construction with core of White #1 steel according to San Mai
- Sheath steel made of low stainless carbon steel with Kurouchi finish
- Double sided grinding
PRODUCT AN CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- This knife is not suitable for hard cuts such as bones and frozen food.
- These knives should never be put in the dishwasher and must be rinsed and dried by hand after each use to ensure long life.
- If not properly cared for, these blades tend to rust. Regular treatment with oil is also recommended.
- As the knives are handmade, each individual knife is unique.
- This also means that the knives may differ slightly in appearance.