Gyuto 180mm - Tanegashima - Aogami 2 Kurouchi
Gyuto knife with classic and traditional shape and look.
This gyuto, like all Tabata knives, is a good compromise between performance, price and traditional look. It is a hand forged gyuto, with a blade length of 18cm, from the Hon-Tanegashima forge. Tanegashima is an island in the south of Japan and the forge is family run and lives the traditional craft. The knife is comparatively light and the Kurouchi finish better protects the blade from oxidation. Kurouchi is a specific process to treat the surface and is widely used on genuine Japanese knives. The Gyuto knife is used in Japan the way we use the classic chef's knife in Europe. It is therefore an ideal all-purpose knife. With the pointed blade, precise work can be done just as well as the preparation of larger quantities of meat, fish or vegetables. In the cradle cut, the blade can be rolled optimally or you can use the knife for chopping in the rear part of the blade. Just an optimal all-purpose knife ;)
- Length blade: 180mm
- Height blade: 42mm
- Length handle: 128mm
- Length blade: 320mm
- Weight: 138g
- Hardness grade core steel: HRC 62-63
- Sheath steel: Non-stainless carbon steel
- Blade construction: 3-ply according to the San Mai method
- Double sided grinding of the cutting edge
- Handle: Rosewood
- Ferrule: Pakka wood black
PRODUCT AN CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- This knife is not suitable for hard cuts such as bones and frozen food.
- These knives should never be put in the dishwasher and must be rinsed and dried by hand after each use to ensure long life.
- If not properly cared for, these blades tend to rust.Regular treatment with oil is also recommended.
- As the knives are handmade, each individual knife is unique.
- This also means that the knives may differ slightly in appearance.