Bunka knife 175mm Yoshimitsu Shirogami#1 - Kurouchi finished, Ho-HWood handle
A lot of chef's knife for little money
This hand-forged bunka from Yoshimitsu is ground on both sides and has a matt Kurouchi surface. This blade finish greatly improves the knife's durability and corrosion resistance, in addition to creating the rustic aesthetic. The core of the blade is made of White #1 steel.
The excellent price-performance ratio makes this knife an absolute recommendation, as it has an excellent balance and can be sharpened very sharply despite the low price. This knife is suitable for most purposes. It can be used for fish, meat and vegetables. Compared to gyuto and santoku, the blade shape of a bunka has advantages when processing fish due to the pointed tip of the knife. Hand-forged knives in this price segment are hard to find! So this chef's knife can either be your ideal introduction to the world of Japanese hand-forged knives or another addition to your knives.
- Length blade: 175mm
- Height blade: 47mm
- Length handle: 130mm
- Length blade: 310mm
- Weight: 108g
- Handle: Ho-wood
- Hardness grade core steel: HRC 61
- Sheath steel: Non-stainless carbon steel
- 3-layer blade construction with core made of White #1 steel according to San Mai
- Sheath steel made of low-rust carbon steel with Kurouchi finish
- Cutting edge ground on both sides
PRODUCT AN CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- This knife is not suitable for hard cuts such as bones and frozen food.
- These knives should never be put in the dishwasher and must be rinsed and dried by hand after each use to ensure long life.
- If not properly cared for, these blades tend to rust.Regular treatment with oil is also recommended.
- As the knives are handmade, each individual knife is unique.
- This also means that the knives may differ slightly in appearance.