Bunka 210mm Yoshimitsu Blue #2 - Polished, Urushi handle
A piece of Japan in traditional design in your home.
This hand-forged bunka from the Yoshimitsu forge has a classic three-ply, double-edged blade construction with a polished blade finish. The blade's core steel of Blue #2 steel is brought to a Rockwell grade of 61-62 HRC.
The stainless sheath steel protects the Blue #2 core steel and makes this knife more resistant to corrosion at the blade edge (but not at the cutting edge!). A bead blasting process (similar to sandblasting) creates the clean finish on the cutting edges of these blades.
Bunkas are suitable for most uses. They can be used for fish, meat and vegetables. Compared to gyuto and santoku, the blade shape of a bunka has advantages when processing fish due to the pointed tip of the knife.
The five Yoshimitsu brothers forge excellent blades and have been mastering their craft for several decades.
- Length blade: 180mm
- Height blade: 48mm
- Length handle: 128mm
- Length blade: 315mm
- Weight: 131g
- Handle: Urushi transparent - black
- Hardness of core steel: HRC 61-62
- Core steel: Blue #2
- Sheath steel: Stainless steel
- Blade construction: 3-ply according to the San Mai method
- Cutting edge ground on both sides
PRODUCT AN CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- This knife is not suitable for hard cuts such as bones and frozen food.
- These knives should never be put in the dishwasher and must be rinsed and dried by hand after each use to ensure long life.
- If not properly cared for, these blades tend to rust.Regular treatment with oil is also recommended.
- As the knives are handmade, each individual knife is unique.
- This also means that the knives may differ slightly in appearance.