Bunka 175mm Silverback Aogami Super - Polished Finished, Complite handle grey
Hand-forged Aogami Super Bunka from the Silverback "銀 背" product line in a timeless design.
The Silverback Knives Aogami Super Bunka has a polished blade surface made of 404 stainless steel. This chef's knife is lightweight and perfectly balanced. The blade core is very fine compared to other traditional Japanese knives and is often referred to as a laser blade. The Aogami Super steel used for this blade core has a hardness of HRC 64. After hardening, the blade is ground on both sides and set in the Complite handle. This is made of high-quality reinforced wood, which results in excellent robustness and durability.
Aogami Super is an absolute premium steel for Japanese kitchen knives. It contains more carbon, molybdenum and chromium than the Blue Paper Steel No. 1 (Blue #1), which enables a hardness of over 65 HRC. Precisely because of the molybdenum and tungsten components, the steel is also less brittle. So this is a steel that can not only be ground very sharp, but also keeps its sharpness for a very long time. We have also deliberately chosen this steel for our own line of knives, which are manufactured in Japan around Seki. Each knife in this series is engraved with the Silverback "銀 背" (Japanese for silverback) and is therefore unique and only available from us.
This Bunka has a blade length of 175mm and has an inverted Tanto tip. An interesting feature of this knife is the slightly curved blade shape at the back of the blade. This geometry saves weight, which improves the balance of the knife, and at the same time creates a dynamic look. The Bunka is an all-purpose knife and can be used for meat, fish, fruit and vegetables. The fine chopping of ginger or onions is just as feasible as coarse preparation work. Compared to the gyuto and santoku, which are also considered the Japanese form of the Western chef's knife, the bunka has a concise tip. This blade tip can be advantageous for precise work such as cutting fish or incising rind. The high hardness of the steel makes for an extremely sharp blade that will last you a long time. Look forward to your first paper test at home!
- Length blade: 175mm
- Height blade: 45mm
- Length handle: 140mm
- Length blade: 328mm
- Weight: 152g
- Handle: Complite
- Hardness of core steel: HRC 64
- Low rust blade core
- Sheath steel: Stainless steel 404 with polished surface
- Blade construction: 3-ply according to the San Mai method
- Cutting edge ground on both sides
Product an care instructions
- This knife is not suitable for hard cuts such as bones and frozen food.
- These knives should never be put in the dishwasher and must be rinsed and dried by hand after each use to ensure long life.
- If not properly cared for, these blades tend to rust.
- Regular treatment with oil is also recommended.
- As the knives are handmade, each individual knife is unique. This also means that the knives may differ slightly in appearance.