Yanagiba 300mm Shirogami 2 Misuzu - Ho-wood handle with buffalo horn ferrule
Sushi knives for highest demands from the Misuzu forge
The Yanagiba or often also called Sushi or Sashimi knife is probably the secret king among the Japanese knives. It is a knife specially designed for the fine cutting and portioning of fish and is an indispensable part of Japanese kitchens. The blade of this Yanagiba knife is 300mm long and allows you to cut fish fillets with just one pulling cut. This sashimi knife is like almost all Yanagiba single-edged and the blade steel is made of classic Shirogami steel. The blade steel is coated with a low stainless steel alloy. This knife is an absolute highlight and, the classic wooden handle fits perfectly to the overall work of art. The authentic Japanese wooden handle makes the knife look traditional and noble. It should be noted that the knife is ground on one side and is therefore not suitable for left-handers. The blade is handmade at Misuzu in Miki, Japan.
- Length blade: 300mm
- Height blade: 36mm
- Length handle: 145mm
- Length blade: 452mm
- Weight: 222g
- Handle: Ho-wood with buffalo horn sheath
- Hardness of core steel: approx. 64HRC
- Blade construction: 3-ply according to the San Mai method One-sided grind (for right-handers)
Despite its overall length of approx. 45 cm, the knife is comparatively light, which is due to the filigree blade. The center of gravity of the knife is towards the tip of the blade, which means that work can be done with little effort.
PRODUCT AN CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- This knife is not suitable for hard cuts such as bones and frozen food.
- These knives should never be put in the dishwasher and must be rinsed and dried by hand after each use to ensure long life.
- If not properly cared for, these blades tend to rust. Regular treatment with oil is also recommended.
- As the knives are handmade, each individual knife is unique.
- This also means that the knives may differ slightly in appearance.