Santoku knife 165mm Okeya Gin3 - Damascus finished, walnut handle
Beautiful Damascus Santoku in the sign of the dragon.
The smith of this Santoku all-purpose knife, Aki Fujiwara, has balanced his design idea with outstanding blade performance in this knife. The 3-ply chef's knife features a GIN3 steel blade core and a multi-layer outer sheath steel that produces this special damascus pattern. This pattern is said to resemble the scales of a dragon, hence the name "Ryu-Rin" (Japanese for dragon scale). GIN3 steel is a good choice for low-maintenance knives that also have good edge retention.
If you're looking for a santoku or all-purpose knife and no knife with low stainless steel is an option, this GIN3 chef's knife with the special look is an ideal kitchen tool. This santoku is nicely balanced overall, has a comfortable weight, and is a real joy to use.
Santoku knives are the most widely used chef's knives in Japanese cooking and are comparable to the western chef's knife. Fish, meat, fruit and vegetables can be cut coarsely and finely, precise work can be done effortlessly with the sharp tip.
- Length blade: 165mm
- Height blade: 50mm
- Length handle: 126mm
- Length blade: 306mm
- Weight: 128g
- Handle: walnut wood
- 3-ply blade construction with core made of Gin3 (Ginsan) steel according to San Mai
- Hardness of core steel: 60 HRC
- Sheath steel made of multilayer stainless steel (Damascus)
- Double sided grinding of the cutting edg
PRODUCT AN CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- This knife is not suitable for hard cuts such as bones and frozen food.
- These knives should never be put in the dishwasher and must be rinsed and dried by hand after each use to ensure long life.
- If not properly cared for, these blades tend to rust. Regular treatment with oil is also recommended.
- As the knives are handmade, each individual knife is unique.
- This also means that the knives may differ slightly in appearance.