Nakiri 185mm Kanehide PS60, Polish Finish, Western Handle
Kanehide knives are made in Seki, the knife capital of Japan. The PS60 stainless steel serves as the basis for this. This steel is usually used for the production of razor blades. Through special treatment, Kanehide turns this steel into a great knife steel at an affordable price.
Through special heat treatment, Kanehide achieves a steel hardness of HRC 61. In addition, wear resistance is significantly increased through cyrogenic treatment with liquid nitrogen (at minus 180°C!).
The result is a stainless knife that has extremely good sharpening performance and feels incredible to handle. After extensive testing of the knives from this forge, we include these blades in our assortment with a clear conscience and are convinced that these knives are a top alternative for professionals and beginners.
Perfect workmanship, robustness, easy care and great performance - these qualities make the Kanehide knives highly recommended!
- Length blade: 185mm
- Height blade: 48mm
- Length handle: 115mm
- Length blade: 305mm
- Weight: 197g
- Hardness of core steel: HRC 61
- Double sided grinding of the cutting edge
- Handle: Western handle
PRODUCT AN CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- This knife is not suitable for hard cuts such as bones and frozen food.
- These knives should never be put in the dishwasher and must be rinsed and dried by hand after each use to ensure long life.
- If not properly cared for, these blades tend to rust. Regular treatment with oil is also recommended.
- As the knives are handmade, each individual knife is unique.
- This also means that the knives may differ slightly in appearance.