Japanese scissors 180mm - Tanegashima - Shirogami 2
Hand forged scissors from Japan
These scissors are forged specimens from the Tanegashima forge. The scissors are extremely sharp and the cutting edges are made of classic Japanese knife steel (Shirogami). This allows the cutting edges to be ground extremely sharp and the edge retention is much better compared to European scissors.
- Length: 180mm
- Weight: 85g
- Hardness grade core steel: HRC 62-63
- Sheath steel: Polished
- One-sided grinding of the cutting edge
- Steel: Shirogami 1
- This knife is not suitable for
hard cuts such as bones and frozen food.
- These knives should never be
put in the dishwasher and must be rinsed and dried by hand after each use to
ensure long life.
- If not properly cared for,
these blades tend to rust.Regular treatment with oil is also recommended.
- As the knives are handmade,
each individual knife is unique.
- This also means that the
knives may differ slightly in appearance.