Bread knife from Japan 240 cm Silverback - Polished red handle
The best bread knife you've ever used
This bread knife from the Silverback Knives series completes the basic equipment in the kitchen. Once you have cut bread with one of these knives, you will never want to use another bread knife again.
A bread knife belongs in every kitchen and must be considered basic equipment. Foods with a hard surface such as bread or crusts are not well suited to many types of blade. This is where the bread knife has its great strength. The saw-shaped blade is clearly different from western bread knives. The individual teeth of this Japanese bread knife are clearly steeper and resemble the shape of triangles. By pulling and pushing movements alone, hard surfaces such as bread crusts can be penetrated very easily and a clean cut is produced. This means that food is not torn but cut cleanly. Even the finest puff pastry retains its shape after cutting.
The blade becomes narrower towards the tip and is therefore very agile. The blade length of 240mm is ideal for large breads and long cutting movements. The handle is made of red Complite, a densified laminated wood that makes the handle light and durable.
- Length blade: 240mm
- Height blade: 37mm
- Length handle: 140mm
- Length blade: 388mm
- Weight: 155g
- Handle: Complite handle red
- Steel: 1K6 steel
PRODUCT AN CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- This knife is not suitable for hard cuts such as bones and frozen food.
- These knives should never be put in the dishwasher and must be rinsed and dried by hand after each use to ensure long life.
- If not properly cared for, these blades tend to rust.Regular treatment with oil is also recommended.
- As the knives are handmade, each individual knife is unique.
- This also means that the knives may differ slightly in appearance.