Bread Knife 240mm - Polish Finish, Complite Handle Red
- Low stock - 5 items left
- Inventory on the way
A japanese Bread knife with best in class performance
This bread knife from the Silverback Knives series completes the basic equipment you need in your kitchen. Once you have cut bread with this knife, you will never use another bread knife.
A bread knife belongs in every kitchen and must be considered basic equipment. Foods with hard surfaces such as bread or even crusts are not well suited for many types of blades. This is where the bread knife has its great strength. The saw-shaped blade is clearly different from western bread knives. The individual teeth of this Japanese bread knife are much steeper and resemble the shape of triangles. Just by pulling and pushing movements, hard surfaces such as bread crusts can be penetrated very easily and a clean cut is created. Food is thus not torn but cut cleanly. Even the finest puff pastry retains its shape after cutting.
The blade becomes narrower towards the tip and therefore appears very agile. The blade length of 240mm is ideal for large breads and long cutting movements. The handle is made of red Complite, a compacted laminated wood that makes the handle light and durable.
- Length blade: 240mm
- Height blade: 37mm
- Length handle: 140mm
- Length blade: 388mm
- Weight: 155g
- Handle: Complite handle red
- Steel: 1K6 steel
The steel chosen for these blades is deliberately not HAP40 or Aogami Super, but the softer 1K6 steel with a high chrome content. The chromium content makes the blade rust resistant, the steel hardness is in the range of 55 - 57 HRC. This steel belongs to the stainless steels and additionally has a good edge retention due to the carbon content. This steel alloy is relatively new and has not been available on the market for very long.
PRODUCT AND CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- This knife is not suitable for hard cuts such as bones and frozen foods.
- These knives should never be placed in the dishwasher and must be hand rinsed and dried after each use for long service life.
- If not properly cared for, these blades tend to rust.
- In addition, regular treatment with oil is recommended.
- Since the knives are handmade, each one is unique. This also means that the knives may differ slightly from each other visually.